- Bruce Mast, M.D., appointed interim chairman of UF Department of Surgery
November 8, 2016
Bruce Mast, M.D., FACS, professor and chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine, has been appointed interim chair of the department of surgery....
- Read the Fall 2016 issue of The Stitch
November 1, 2016
- Jessica Allen Ching, M.D., joins division of plastic and reconstructive surgery
October 6, 2016
Jessica Allen Ching, M.D., has joined the UF Department of Surgery’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery. She is an assistant professor for the division. Ching earned her medical degree...
- Hope and Healing: UF Health Blog spotlights the ‘Mommy Makeover’
August 1, 2016
Pregnancy and breastfeeding change the body, and while the result of having a new child is more than gratifying, some new mothers may find themselves displeased with their changed form.
- UF surgeons and graduates initiated as fellows in the American College of Surgeons
November 3, 2015
Five UF surgeons and three graduates of UF’s surgical residency program were initiated in October as fellows in the American College of Surgeons. The convocation took place in Chicago, the […]
- Seven UF surgeons named “Top Doctor” by Castle Connolly
September 25, 2015
Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a well-known organization that rates health care providers, has named eight UF surgeons among the nation’s “top doctors” for 2015: Kenneth Andreoni, M.D.,...
- UF Department of Surgery Debuts Progress Report
May 26, 2015
- UF Health plastic surgeon speaks to international gathering about fat stem cells
January 20, 2015
Adam J. Katz, M.D., an associate professor in the UF department of surgery’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery, spoke at the World Stem Cell Summit 14 earlier this month. […]
- Division of plastic surgery adds new faculty member, surgeon
September 26, 2014
Mark Leyngold, M.D., is UF Health’s newest addition to the plastic surgery faculty. He is a graduate of the Florida State University College of Medicine and his residency training was […]
- UF Health’s top plastic surgeon to serve national plastic surgery publication
September 8, 2014
Bruce Mast, M.D., an associate professor of surgery and chief of the UF department of surgery’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery, will serves as associate medical editor of Plastic...
- UF Health plastic surgeons recognized at plastic and reconstructive surgery society’s annual meeting
September 8, 2014
At the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons annual meeting, held in June at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, UF Health surgeon Adam Katz, M.D. received the Society’s...
- Better options for mastectomy and breast reconstruction
April 25, 2014
The news hit Tracy Cantella like a load of bricks: She had BRCA 1, the gene infamous for greatly increasing a woman’s risks of breast and ovarian cancer. She had […]
- UF Surgeons in the News – TV20: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
November 25, 2013
Can plastic surgery make you a healthier person? Some doctors say yes, as new research shows tummy tucks and other procedures can actually help maintain weight loss results.
- Several surgery clinics move to UF Health Springhill in Northwest Gainesville
November 5, 2013
UF Health’s outpatient clinics for plastic surgery, vein surgery and breast, melanoma and endocrine surgery have moved to UF Health Springhill. The UF Health Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics Center...
- UF Surgeons in the News – TV20: Breast Reconstruction
October 23, 2013
A mastectomy is a surgical procedure that removes the breast to treat or prevent breast cancer. Women often choose breast reconstruction to help restore the look and feel of the breast […]
- Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day
October 16, 2013
Dealing with breast cancer involves so much more than just eradicating disease. For many women, breast reconstruction is an important part of recovery from cancer. And for women with a […]
- Q&A on patient expectations for facial plastic surgery
October 9, 2013
Maybe you’re considering facial plastic surgery but don’t know if it’s right for you. Read this Q&A on expectations for facial plastic surgery with Bruce Mast, M.D., UF Health’s chief...
- Department of Defense grant to cover skin regeneration research by UF professor
September 30, 2013
The U.S. Department of Defense has awarded $1.2 million to the University of Florida College of Medicine’s department of surgery for skin regeneration research that may benefit injured troops and...
- Mast joins journal editorial board
August 23, 2013
Bruce Mast, M.D., chief of the UF College of Medicine’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery and an associate professor, has been appointed deputy editor-in-chief of the journal Annals in...
- UF plastic and reconstructive surgeon to serve on national Surgical Advisory Board
June 27, 2013
Loretta Coady-Fariborzian, M.D., an assistant professor of plastic and reconstructive surgery at UF and section chief of plastic surgery at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, has been accepted by...
- Q&A on mastectomies and breast reconstruction with UF’s top plastic surgeon
May 30, 2013
Q&A on mastectomies and breast reconstruction with UF’s top plastic surgeon Angelina Jolie’s recent announcement of her preventative double mastectomy and subsequent breast reconstruction has...
- Division of plastic and reconstructive surgery adds new faculty member
January 28, 2013
Dhruv Singhal, M.D., has joined UF’s department of surgery as an assistant professor in the division of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Singhal received his medical degree from the University of...
- Division of plastic and reconstructive surgery adds its own residency training program
October 31, 2012
The department of surgery’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery will begin its own integrated residency training program in July 2013. The program will allow medical students to match...
- UF surgeons, alumni become fellows in American College of Surgeons
October 22, 2012
Eight UF surgeons and three graduates of UF’s surgical residency program were initiated in September as fellows in the American College of Surgeons. The convocation took place in Chicago following...
- Ten UF surgeons named “top doctors”
October 2, 2012
Physician rankings on U.S. News & World Reports’ website show 10 UF surgeons are among the nation’s “top doctors,” as determined by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a well-known organization...
- Pink Pumpkin Fest 2012
September 20, 2012
Join UF&Shands for the Pink Pumpkin Fest to raise breast cancer awareness and support breast cancer research right here at the University of Florida! We’ve got a full line up […]
- New surgeons join UF department of surgery
September 17, 2012
UF’s department of surgery has welcomed six new faculty members this summer. Two surgeons have joined the acute care surgery team: Linda Atteberry, M.D., as an associate professor and Janeen...
- Surgeon’s personal attention helps family fight cancer
May 25, 2012
Heather Smith was just 25 years old in 2005 when she learned she had breast cancer. She received the diagnosis on her daughter’s second birthday. “It was kind of a […]
- Dr. Mast to speak on “Plastic Surgery: Facts and Fiction”
February 28, 2012
Dr. Bruce Mast will present Plastic Surgery: Facts and Fiction at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2012. The seminar, held at the Shands Cancer Hospital at the University of Florida located […]
- New faculty member joins division of plastic and reconstructive surgery
February 21, 2012
Adam J. Katz, M.D., FACS, has joined UF’s department of surgery as an associate professor in the division of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Katz most recently worked as an associate […]
- Eight UF surgeons included among country’s “top doctors”
August 12, 2011
Physician rankings on U.S. News & World Reports’ website show eight UF surgeons are among the nation’s “top doctors,” as determined by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a well-known...
- Dr. Bruce Mast introduced as new chief of UF’s division of plastic and reconstructive surgery
December 16, 2010
The University of Florida Department of Surgery formally introduced its new Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Bruce A. Mast, M.D., during a reception held Dec. 15 at the Health […]
- UF surgeons, research biologists create scale to grade shark bite severity
January 28, 2010
Shark attack! These words can send waves of fear through the public and often guarantee prominent coverage in the news media — even if the bite is little more than […]
- UF Plastic Surgery Fellow Receives Research Award
June 20, 2009
Mark Clayman, M.D., a graduating plastic and reconstructive surgery fellow at the University of Florida College of Medicine, recently was honored by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery...
- UF Plastic Surgeon elected Head of State’s Craniofacial Association
February 10, 2009
M. Brent Seagle, M.D., an associate professor and chief of the division of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine, is now head of the […]