Applications are accepted electronically through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). You must also complete the Association of American Medical Colleges – National Residency Matching Program (AAMC-NRMP) application for residency.
Applications are complete when the following information is received through ERAS:
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation (One must be from either the Chairman or the Program Director of Surgery at your medical school.)
- An official copy of your USMLE scores
In addition to the above, students and graduates of foreign medical schools must provide the following verifications:
- ECFMG Certification
- J-1 Visa status
- United States residency status (permanent resident, naturalized citizen, etc)
- Proof of successful completion of USMLE step I, II, and III
- In general, international applicants beyond three (3) years from medical school are unlikely to be granted an interview.
After careful review by the Department’s Selection Committee, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. If you are offered an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail to select a date for your interview. Please be sure to include your e-mail address as part of your ERAS application. Decisions related to the offer of an interview will not be made until mid-October at the earliest. Please do not contact the office with inquiries related to application status.
Interviews are typically scheduled between January and February for the Integrated Residency and in March for the Traditional Fellowship.
Interviews are by invitation only.