- Have someone drive you home and stay with you overnight after outpatient surgery.
- Obtain prescriptions and dressing materials ahead of time.
- Restrict physical activity. Specific instructions will be given by your surgeon.
- A light/moderate diet is recommended. A stool softener may be helpful when narcotic pain medicines are used.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to the area on which the operation was performed. If this is unavoidable, use a strong sunscreen as soon as permitted by your surgeon.
- Keep your follow-up appointment with our office.
- Notify your surgeon if you have problems, such as increased pain, swelling, redness, fever, loss of sensation or function or other significant concern.
- Showering is usually permissible. Ask your surgeon.
Last reviewed by: NAME DATE